|Stag Line Building This fine building, the
oldest in North Shields situated at the bottom of Howard Street, was built
in 1807 as the first subscription library until 1895 when it was purchased
by the Stag Line Shipping Co. The company ceased trading in 1980 and stood
until converted into "The Stag Line" a public house. Now used as the Registrars
office after renovation and the outside of the building left to in it's
original state. This replica took 22 thousand matchsticks to construct.